March 1, 1999
BULLETIN NO. 99-02
TO THE HEADS OF EXECUTIVE DEPARTMENTS AND AGENCIES
SUBJECT: Congressional Report on International Travel For FY 1998
1. Purpose. The purpose of this Bulletin is to collect information on international travel expenditures and numbers of individuals who traveled internationally in FY 1998.
2. Background and authority. Section 2505(g) of the Foreign Relations Authorization Act, Fiscal Years 1998 and 1999 (part of the Omnibus P.L. 105-277), states "Not later than 180 days after the date of enactment of this Act, and annually thereafter, the President shall submit to the appropriate congressional committees a report describing--
(2) the total number of individuals in each agency who engaged in such travel."
3. Coverage. This Bulletin applies to all Executive branch departments and agencies.
5. Required materials. The information should be provided in the format of the attached table (Exhibit A).
6. Due dates. The information is due to OMB no later than March 12, 1999. Agencies should send Exhibit A to the OMB Resource Management Office (RMO) with primary budget responsibility for the agency.
7. Information contact. Inquiries concerning this Bulletin may be addressed to the OMB representative with primary budget responsibility for the agency.
Jacob J. Lew
Total obligations ($ in millions):
Total number of individuals: